Saturday 25 August 2012

Thunderstorm!

In the middle of a wicked storm right now - the choppy waves and incredible sky are a whole different sort of captivating. Also spotted my first whale in the distance today. i want all these firsts to last till the end of the journey, but objectively speaking I also know that's pretty impossible.

Honestly did not expect the presidential scholarship research to be so much work, or the reading load of our different classes, but at the risk of sounding like a complete utter freak, I quite like it. Even if everything else is the polar opposite of what I love about Reed, the academics are shaping up to be pretty similar. Some of the faculty I've met so far (and they just sit with you over meals so it's a fairly intimate affair) are just such multi-faceted individuals. I mean, it must take a certain calibre to sign on for a voyage this demanding at their age, and sometimes it's hard to fight with the sheer wealth of life experience. I'm also the only one on board idiotic enough to take five classes… and try to audit another two, so wish me luck. It's just so hard to choose. How do you assign values to different fields of knowledge? Okay. End of geek speak. Time to ramp up the social game.

Also started planning for Ireland. If the level of excitement and feeling of \omg i'm not gonna have enough time aaaah how is 4 days enough/ is going to be repeated for all ports, I'm in some serious trouble. Preview: stunning scenery, oyster feasts and the Killers.

…. What school?

No comments:

Post a Comment