Tuesday 11 September 2012

Things that have struck me in Belgium so far:

- It truly is a country of contradictions. I have met the nicest people here, and also those that are just plain rude (although it might just be the language barrier). Thankfully, the nice ones outnumber them 3 to 1 ITS CRAZY I keep thinking I'm still in Ireland, except it is that much more impressive because they don't speak English
- Reminded all the time of the universality of human communication despite the lack of a common language
- Europe is really becoming a cultural melting pot.
- There is never enough time to explore a new place.
- I will never cease to marvel at the stunning work of ancient architecture.
- Good food can be found everyyyyywhere. I am as piggish (or even more) as always
- Travelling alone adds an extra dimension of vulnerability that can attract some interesting experiences, but there's nothing like the comfort of being with a like-minded friend

No comments:

Post a Comment