Tuesday 18 September 2012

random

Went to bed and woke up this morning feeling rather pensive, and musing about similar things.

As I think of various places I consider 'home', I'm glad they exist because of the people and connections made. Practically and logically speaking, it might be a form of inefficiency, to have to miss and think about all these people, because it is obviously only humanly possible to be one place at once.

However, i continue to be enriched and touched by them, even from the middle of the freaking ocean. So I'm glad I tend to choose quality over quantity - or rather, it's okay that I can't do superficial interaction and am awkward at making new friends because I can't really do small talk (for now at least, I hope I learn before I work). The past 2 days on the ship have made me really happy with the group I have here, even as everyone from back at 'home' is constantly at the back of my mind.

When this voyage ends, I can safely say there will be at least another few people, from all over the US or the world, who I will always look forward to hearing from.

AND IT'S ONLY BEEN 3.5 WEEKS THIS IS UNREAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment