Wednesday 3 October 2012

Belonging

I miss glitter, having totally random things no one else believes actually happens as our school traditions, mistiness and organic food, the polished homeless look…
I miss people I grew up with, the careless nature of summer, the security of home and the tastes we return to….
I miss being in the middle of a little province in Kampuchea, but also losing myself in the anonymity of NY/LDN/BCN, with just those few as lifelines of comfort.

At the same time, I laugh all the time with the people here, sometimes I wonder if our happiness borers on obnoxious. i still revel in being surrounded by endless shades of blue, basking in the perfect mix of sun and wind. I know that I'll miss all of this, intensely, when it's over. And it's already hitting us hard, how we WILL be heartbroken when we have to part.

We talked about the sense of belonging in the Meaning Making group today, and although I didn't feel it was as enriching as the last session, it made me realize how fortunate I am to have found multiple communities where I truly feel a sense of belonging. It makes yearning worth it.

It's hard to always consider the Precious Present. Oh well… Precious Problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment